All Papers can be also found here: https://generalisation.icaci.org/prevevents/workshop2019.html
- Lucille Alonso, Florent Renard – Spatial comparison of the perception of urban heat islands and thermal comfort zones with participative in situ measurements and remote sensing data – University of Lyon – UMR CNRS Environment City Society, France.
- Barry Kronenfeld, Barbara Buttenfield, Lawrence Stanislawski and Jiaxin Deng – Alternate definitions of linear and areal displacement between polylines – The plot thickens – Eastern Illinois University & University of Colorado – Boulder, USA
- Mathias Gröbe, Dirk Burghardt – Verification of Multi-Scale Map Design – TU Dresden, Germany.
- Florian Hruby, Rainer Ressl – Scale in Immersive Virtual Environments – National Commission for Knowledge and Use of Biodiversity (CONABIO), Mexico & University of Vienna, Austria
- Arzu Cöltekin – What contributes to the complexity of visuospatial displays? – University of Applied Sciences & Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
- Larry Stanislawski, Barbara Buttenfield, Barry Kronenfeld and Ethan Shavers – Scale-specific metrics for adaptive generalization and geomorphic classification of stream features – U.S. Geological Survey-CEGIS & University of Colorado – Boulder, USA.
- Guillaume Touya – Finding the Oasis in the Desert Fog? Understanding Multi-Scale Map Reading – IGN ENSG, LaSTIG GEOVIS, France.
9:00-9:20 Introduction / 9:20-10:20 First Talk session – 10′ presentation +10’Q/A per talk
10:20-10:40 Coffee Break (Miraikan Cafe 5F)
10:40-12:00 Second Talk Session – 10′ présentation + 10′ Q/A per talk
12:00-14:00 Lunch time
14:00-15:00 Demo & Coffee time
15:00-16:00 Brainstorming time / 16:00-16:30 Brainstorming reports and concluding remarks
The workshop will last all day of the 15th July 2019, 9:00 – 16:30, with several sessions of talks, a demo session and a brainstorming session to finish the day!
Abs2019 registration (for everyone): https://framaforms.org/abs2019-workshop-registration-15-july-2019-miraikan-tokyo-japan-1554110643 (updated: 04/07/2019)
National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan) – Room “Venus” (7F) http://www.icc2019.org/access.html **no ICA-registration neither Miraikan ticket is needed to join the workshop**